Construction worker killed in Brazoria County trench collapse
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are still on the scene of a deadly accident in Brazoria County.
It happened last night on Almeda School Road near Croix.
Workers had dug a 15-foot deep trench to repair communications equipment. It collapsed around 9:15pm, burying a man. The body was recovered about this morning.
We have a crew on the scene and will bring you more information in our later newscasts.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns