2 arrested after leading police on chase from southwest Houston to Sugar Land in stolen car
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two men were arrested this morning after a police chase that started in southwest Houston and ended in Sugar Land.
It began around 1am when a police officer tried to stop a stolen Dodge Charger in the 6400 block of Hillcroft.
According to investigators, the driver refused to stop and led police to the Southwest Freeway, where a gun was reportedly tossed out of the window.
Police said the driver then went down the Southwest Freeway, reaching speeds of 100mph. He tried to make a U-turn at the Dairy Ashford exit and crashed.
The driver and a passenger were arrested, and police said they found a second gun in the vehicle.
They are facing charges of felony evading and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. The vehicle reportedly had been stolen three days ago from a park in southwest Houston.
Police also believe the men have been involved in robberies in Houston.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW 13 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date? 29 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'