Home Depot to hire 1,800 for Houston-area stores
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A major home improvement store is looking to add hundreds of jobs to the Houston area by spring.
Home Depot says it is hiring 80,000 people nationwide in preparation for spring -- its busiest selling season -- and about 1,800 of those will be here in the Houston area.
But that's only part of the story. The oil and gas industry is hiring, as is the medical field and construction, which takes us right back to places like Home Depot.
"We've seen an increase in sales, an increase in foot traffic, so that's why we are looking for a lot more individuals to help facilitate to help with those customers," said Gil Cariaso with Home Depot.
Our area is expected to add 75,000 jobs in 2014.
As for Home Depot, they are adding about 40 to 50 people per store, and jobs include entry level to managers.
Candidates can search for jobs and apply online at http://careers.homedepot.com.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course