Longtime southeast Houston donut shop destroyed in fire
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Some donut lovers in southeast Houston will be going hungry after Mary Lee's Donuts was destroyed in a fire.
Firefighters say the blaze started around 10pm in either a fryer or the exhaust system at the building, located in the 6100 block of the Gulf Freeway at Telephone Road.
The business was closed at the time. The exterior of the building is still standing, but there's little left inside which appears salvageable.
The owner says he has been in business for 25 years and will rebuild. Longtime customers say they enjoy the food, but also the sense of community the shop offered.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 12 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 9 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 40 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California 47 min ago
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game 56 min ago
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store