Missing elderly man found dead in Texas City ditch
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- Texas City police say they do not suspect foul play in the death of an elderly man who had wandered away from his home hours earlier.
Tommy Garner, 85, left his home in the 400 block of 17th Avenue N sometime between 2 and 6am Thursday and was immediately reported missing by family members.
Texas City police and several other agencies conducted a search for Garner, and around 9:30am, someone had spotted him in a small ditch in the 400 block of Bay Street. Police say the ditch had water and was not visible from the roadway.
Police say they couldn't find any signs of foul play but a medical examiner will determine his cause of death.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
texas city, local
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home 1 min ago
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her 15 min ago
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Girl bitten 100 times in New Zealand dog attack 31 min ago
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- Malaysian couple to hang for murder of maid 27 min ago
- Turkish PM threatens to ban Facebook, YouTube 25 min ago
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos