Missing elderly man found dead in Texas City ditch
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- Texas City police say they do not suspect foul play in the death of an elderly man who had wandered away from his home hours earlier.
Tommy Garner, 85, left his home in the 400 block of 17th Avenue N sometime between 2 and 6am Thursday and was immediately reported missing by family members.
Texas City police and several other agencies conducted a search for Garner, and around 9:30am, someone had spotted him in a small ditch in the 400 block of Bay Street. Police say the ditch had water and was not visible from the roadway.
Police say they couldn't find any signs of foul play but a medical examiner will determine his cause of death.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
texas city, local
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks 33 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date 16 min ago
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos