Teenage boys discover decomposed body in northwest Harris County detention pond
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Some teenage boys made a gruesome discovery in northwest Harris County yesterday.
Around 6pm, a group of teens found what appeared to be skeletal remains in a detention pond off Jones Road and Trail Ridge in the Willow Point subdivision. The teens first told an adult and then called 911.
"The remains were so decomposed they were just skeletal," Harris County Sgt. Ben Beall said. "We can't even tell the sex of the victim at this point and the clothing is mostly gone. It appears that the body has been in here for at least several weeks."
Investigators also said it appears the remains drifted there from another spot.
Detectives could not determine a cause of death. Crews will be back out at the scene Friday to check for more clues and further investigate and reassess the area.
No other details were immediately available.
Stay with Eyewitness News for the latest details.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church 40 min ago
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos