Teenage boys discover decomposed body in northwest Harris County detention pond
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Some teenage boys made a gruesome discovery in northwest Harris County yesterday.
Around 6pm, a group of teens found what appeared to be skeletal remains in a detention pond off Jones Road and Trail Ridge in the Willow Point subdivision. The teens first told an adult and then called 911.
"The remains were so decomposed they were just skeletal," Harris County Sgt. Ben Beall said. "We can't even tell the sex of the victim at this point and the clothing is mostly gone. It appears that the body has been in here for at least several weeks."
Investigators also said it appears the remains drifted there from another spot.
Detectives could not determine a cause of death. Crews will be back out at the scene Friday to check for more clues and further investigate and reassess the area.
No other details were immediately available.
Stay with Eyewitness News for the latest details.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 45 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 46 min ago
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt 39 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns