HFD: One-alarm fire burns at SW Houston chemical plant
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Fire Department was called to a southwest Houston chemical plant Saturday afternoon.
The one-alarm fire broke out at the DePont Chemical Plant at 12701 Almeda Road a little after 1pm. According to the Houston Fire Department, no chemicals were involved and there was no danger to the environment.
Firefighters closed off Almeda Road between West Orem and Almeda Genoa while they were on scene. They say the fire was quickly put out and the road reopened.
No word at this point how the fire started. There were no injuries.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star 3 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 39 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers 21 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin