Elderly woman found in pool at Pearland home
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- An elderly woman was rushed to a hospital this afternoon after what appears to be a tragic accident at a Pearland home.
Paramedics were called to the home on Lake Edge and Shady Crest just before 1pm when the accident happened. They say the 96-year-old woman was unconscious and was given CPR.
Pearland police say the woman is listed in stable condition at Southeast Memorial Hospital.
The elderly woman apparently lives at an assistant living center and was at her daughter's house for the day. The woman's daughter just recently became a widow after her own husband died.
As a matter of routine, police are following up on the case, but it appears to be a tragic accident.
The victim, whose name has not been released, will celebrate her 97th birthday next month.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 9 min ago
- Two bodies found in rubble of burned down home 44 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan 51 min ago
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty