Houston Zoo offers unique yoga class for kids, their parents
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Love yoga? Now you and your children can get in sync with yourself and nature simultaneously with a new program at the Houston Zoo.
Zoo Yoga allows visitors to discover new animals and practice several yoga moves, such as pranayama, asasnas, and savasanas, along the way.
The hour-long event is catered to children ages 4-10 and their parents.
All classes begin at 9:15am and will be held on the following Saturdays: February 1, February 15, March 1, March 29, April 12 and April 26.
For zoo members, the cost is $8 per person. For non-member, adults pay $24, children $20. Prices include admission, but mat rentals are an extra $2. The zoo also sells a Zoo Yoga mat for $20.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home