Houston Zoo offers unique yoga class for kids, their parents
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Love yoga? Now you and your children can get in sync with yourself and nature simultaneously with a new program at the Houston Zoo.
Zoo Yoga allows visitors to discover new animals and practice several yoga moves, such as pranayama, asasnas, and savasanas, along the way.
The hour-long event is catered to children ages 4-10 and their parents.
All classes begin at 9:15am and will be held on the following Saturdays: February 1, February 15, March 1, March 29, April 12 and April 26.
For zoo members, the cost is $8 per person. For non-member, adults pay $24, children $20. Prices include admission, but mat rentals are an extra $2. The zoo also sells a Zoo Yoga mat for $20.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- River Oaks residents fighting to stop office building 35 min ago
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Rice U police officers cleared of wrongdoing in man's arrest 36 min ago
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- NJ honor student who sued parents returns home 41 min ago
- Nutrition and supplement maker Herbalife facing FTC intquiry 41 min ago