HPD squad car involved in wreck in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- For the second time in the last 24 hours, an HPD squad car has been involved in a bad wreck.
Saturday's wreck happened in the 5300 block of Westpark. The officer was attempting to exit a parking lot onto Westpark, failed to yield the right of way and was struck by a Ford F150, a Houston Police Department spokesperson said.
The officer was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital for minor injuries. The other driver was not injured.
The HPD squad car had to be towed from the scene.
On Friday night, an HPD offier was taken to the hospital after a bad crash in north Houston. It happened in the 2200 block of Little York around 5pm. Police say a vehicle going eastbound on Little York crossed the median, hitting the officer head on.
The officer's name and condition has not been released. The driver of the other car was also hospitalized.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos