HPD squad car involved in wreck in SW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- For the second time in the last 24 hours, an HPD squad car has been involved in a bad wreck.
Saturday's wreck happened in the 5300 block of Westpark. The officer was attempting to exit a parking lot onto Westpark, failed to yield the right of way and was struck by a Ford F150, a Houston Police Department spokesperson said.
The officer was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital for minor injuries. The other driver was not injured.
The HPD squad car had to be towed from the scene.
On Friday night, an HPD offier was taken to the hospital after a bad crash in north Houston. It happened in the 2200 block of Little York around 5pm. Police say a vehicle going eastbound on Little York crossed the median, hitting the officer head on.
The officer's name and condition has not been released. The driver of the other car was also hospitalized.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston