Two shot at Montrose area home
HOUSTON, TX (KTRK) -- Police are investigating a shooting involving the family of a prominent citizen of Houston.
Police say just before 10pm two armed men knocked on the door of this home on West Main near Woodhead. The men allegedly asked for someone at the home as a pregnant woman opened the door. Officers say she was shot before her boyfriend grabbed his gun and he was struck by a bullet too.
Neighbors said they heard as many as six gunshots. Sources tell Eyewitness News that the address where this happened is the home of former Houston council woman Sue Lovell. The victims are Lovells' son and his pregnant girlfriend.
They were both taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital. There is no word yet on the extent of their injuries.
"It's terrible to hear about a shooting on the block. You know when I first looked outside I thought they were here for the apartment complex because there has been a little activity there in years past," said neighbor John Smart. "I sure hope the police catch somebody running around shooting people."
Houston police are still looking for those two gunmen who fled on foot.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, christine dobbyn
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent 36 min ago
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 17 min ago
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects 7 min ago
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret