Family seeks answers after man dies in police custody
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Family and friends of an inmate who died in custody are demanding to know what happened to Kenneth Lucas.
They joined community activists outside the Harris County Jail Sunday afternoon. They say Lucas died last week after being restrained by a specialized response unit of the sheriff's office.
The office says it's conducting an investigation, and the cause of death has not been determined.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County 17 min ago
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Fatal multi-vehicle wreck shuts down 290 at Grand Parkway 5 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck 36 min ago
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged