Local artist paints kid-friendly murals at hospital in Katy
KATY, TX (KTRK) -- A local artist is making a trip to the hospital a little less stressful for young patients.
Larry Crawford has painted 25 murals at Texas Children's Hospital's campus in Katy. The hospital says colorful themes like ocean life and postcards from Texas make the procedure rooms less intimidating for the kids.
The staff says there's even been a decrease in the number of patients who need sedation because of stress.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be? 3 min ago
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects