Dad accused of beating son in middle school cafeteria
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A father is under arrest after allegedly beating up his child at a Houston middle school.
Christopher Levy, 41, was arrested at Forest Brook Middle School on Tidwell Road. According to Houston ISD police, during a parent/teacher conference, Levy learned his son had been acting up at school.
As a result, Levy then pulled his son out of class and assaulted him in the cafeteria, police say. Other students in the area witnessed the incident, but no one else was hurt.
An HISD police officer stepped in and broke up the altercation. Levy was arrested and charged with injury to a child. His son was taken to an area hospital by ambulance. There's no word on the child's condition.
Children's Protective Services were notified.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos