Dad accused of beating son in middle school cafeteria
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A father is under arrest after allegedly beating up his child at a Houston middle school.
Christopher Levy, 41, was arrested at Forest Brook Middle School on Tidwell Road. According to Houston ISD police, during a parent/teacher conference, Levy learned his son had been acting up at school.
As a result, Levy then pulled his son out of class and assaulted him in the cafeteria, police say. Other students in the area witnessed the incident, but no one else was hurt.
An HISD police officer stepped in and broke up the altercation. Levy was arrested and charged with injury to a child. His son was taken to an area hospital by ambulance. There's no word on the child's condition.
Children's Protective Services were notified.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women 18 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 36 min ago
- Recognize either of these guys?
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co. 9 min ago
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Cops: 2 OD on heroin as kids play at McDonald's 46 min ago
- Mandalay Bay agrees to $500K fine in drug sting
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Photos: Texas A&M nursing bald eagle back to...