They're not Santa's reindeer
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - March 2, 2011 -- They're not Rudolph or Dasher or Dancer, or these runaway Alaska reindeer could have flown away from their captors.
Instead, Wildberry and another reindeer enjoyed their freedom only briefly after they were spotted by an off-ramp of the Glenn Highway in an Anchorage, Alaska, suburb.
Lt. Dave Parker says officers were able to track down the owner of Wildberry and her pal, and he came to get them.
alaska, wildlife preservation, animals
- weather: Rain moving through our area
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play 26 min ago
- North Loop WB at Highway 290 shut down due to lost load 1 min ago
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Houston Ship Channel collision under investigation
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine