CPS teacher Nancy Solayman awarded $1,000 in school supplies
October 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A Chicago Public Schools teacher and her deserving students got a surprise in class on Tuesday.
Nancy Solayman is a teacher at Bateman School on the city's Northwest Side. Office Max surprised her and her fourth grade class with $1,000 in school supplies.
Miss Solayman was nominated by her peers to receive the award.
It's all a part of Office Max's "A Day Made Better" program.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane 19 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV 30 min ago
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder 47 min ago
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW 22 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat