Los Angeles News
Naked woman jumps to death from 15-story building in Beverly Hills
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- A naked woman jumped to her death from a 15-story building in Beverly Hills on Wednesday.
According to Beverly Hills Police Department Lt. Lincoln Hoshino, the 53-year-old died after leaping from the building in the 400 block of Camden Drive.
Hoshino said the woman had surgery at the building and had stayed overnight before heading to the roof and threatening to jump.
He said crisis negotiators spoke with the woman for several hours while authorities deployed airbags at the base of the building and closed off surrounding streets.
It was not clear what caused the woman to commit suicide, Hoshino said.
los angeles news
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Help the TSU band get to Canton with Michael Strahan