Family investigator accused of grabbing his genitals in front of child
(5/03/06 - PLANTATION KEY, FL) -- An investigator for the Florida Department of Children and Families resigned after being accused of grabbing his genitals in front of two adults and a 3-year old boy, a department official said.
Stephen Schwarz visited the home of a woman in April to investigate domestic violence allegations, the tenants told The Key West Citizen. While there, Schwarz told a male tenant that he would have to take a drug test.
When the man asked whether it was true someone would watch, Schwarz unzipped his pants, grabbed his genitals and made graphic remarks, the tenants said.
"When confronted with the department's concerns regarding the allegations, the employee chose" to resign Friday, said Flora Beal, a department spokeswoman.
The woman also accused Schwarz of scaring one of her daughters at school by demanding to know the whereabouts of the girl's father. A judge ordered him not to contact the woman or her children or to come within 500 feet of their home.
A phone number for Schwarz could not be found Wednesday.
(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch 25 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise 2 min ago
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say?