Family investigator accused of grabbing his genitals in front of child
(5/03/06 - PLANTATION KEY, FL) -- An investigator for the Florida Department of Children and Families resigned after being accused of grabbing his genitals in front of two adults and a 3-year old boy, a department official said.
Stephen Schwarz visited the home of a woman in April to investigate domestic violence allegations, the tenants told The Key West Citizen. While there, Schwarz told a male tenant that he would have to take a drug test.
When the man asked whether it was true someone would watch, Schwarz unzipped his pants, grabbed his genitals and made graphic remarks, the tenants said.
"When confronted with the department's concerns regarding the allegations, the employee chose" to resign Friday, said Flora Beal, a department spokeswoman.
The woman also accused Schwarz of scaring one of her daughters at school by demanding to know the whereabouts of the girl's father. A judge ordered him not to contact the woman or her children or to come within 500 feet of their home.
A phone number for Schwarz could not be found Wednesday.
(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Strong storms move through SE Texas 2 min ago
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake 4 min ago
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned 37 min ago
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
- Casey Curry's Wednesday weather forecast
45 min ago