Pres. Bush invites "United 93" families to White House film screening
(5/30/06 - WASHINGTON) -- President Bush invited relatives of some of the 40 passengers and crew members who are portrayed in "United 93" to join him for a screening of the film at the White House Tuesday night.
Bush and his wife, Laura, planned to watch the film about the attacks in the family theater. The film focuses on the tragic drama aboard United Flight 93, the plane that crashed in rural Pennsylvania after passengers fought back against their hijackers.
"The president has always said that those who were on the flight, that the passengers and crew members of the flight, were heroes," said White House spokeswoman Dana Perino.
(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Task force to look at Sugar Land red light cameras
- Don't they like the way he looks?
- Astros to announce signing of top pick Appel today 15 min ago
- Feds: Men tried to make X-ray weapon
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- 8 hurt, some seriously, when car jumps curb in NYC
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos