Former Israeli Prime Minister Sharon rushed to intensive care
(7/26/06 - JERUSALEM) -- Former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon was rushed to the intensive care unit of a Tel Aviv hospital on Wednesday, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Sharon's condition deteriorated significantly earlier in the week. He has been in a coma since suffering a massive stroke Jan. 4.
Sharon's blood will be filtered to remove excess fluids that have been accumulating in his body, Shiba Hospital said in a statement. He is also receiving antibiotics intravenously to treat a bacterial infection in his blood.
Hospital spokesman Anat Golev declined to answer further questions.
(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Police investigating 2 deaths in west Houston
- Botox now big with 20-somethings
- What kinds of luxury cars can you buy in Houston?
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos