Police: One killed in Anchorage hotel robbery
ANCHORAGE, AK -- One man was killed and another wounded during an early Monday robbery at a downtown Anchorage hotel, police said.
Officers arrived at the low-budget Inlet Inn just after 2:30 a.m. and found the two gunshot victims. One was an employee, the other was his friend.
Lt. Dave Parker, Anchorage police spokesman, said the employee survived wounds to a "fleshy part of the torso," but his friend died in surgery at a hospital. Neither man's name has been released.
According to witnesses, a man wearing a blue bandanna robbed the front desk employee and then shot him. He then shot the other man, who was in the hotel's lobby.
The shooter took off on foot and police are still looking for him.
Investigators have been able to speak with the employee, Parker said. He declined to say how many times the men were shot or how much money was stolen.
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women 10 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 31 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone 59 min ago
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends! 14 min ago
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared