Police: One killed in Anchorage hotel robbery
ANCHORAGE, AK -- One man was killed and another wounded during an early Monday robbery at a downtown Anchorage hotel, police said.
Officers arrived at the low-budget Inlet Inn just after 2:30 a.m. and found the two gunshot victims. One was an employee, the other was his friend.
Lt. Dave Parker, Anchorage police spokesman, said the employee survived wounds to a "fleshy part of the torso," but his friend died in surgery at a hospital. Neither man's name has been released.
According to witnesses, a man wearing a blue bandanna robbed the front desk employee and then shot him. He then shot the other man, who was in the hotel's lobby.
The shooter took off on foot and police are still looking for him.
Investigators have been able to speak with the employee, Parker said. He declined to say how many times the men were shot or how much money was stolen.
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Boy, 6, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- Robbery suspects lead police on overnight chase
- Officer hurt when driver hits cruiser in NW Houston
- Nuisance buildings around Houston coming down today
- Triathletes pushing themselves today in The Woodlands
- Granbury residents prepare to return home
- NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles, says SKorea
- 70 injured as Connecticut commuter trains collide
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos