Boy, 4, found drinking beer, wearing dress
CHATTANOOGA, TN -- Tennessee investigators say a 4-year-old boy was found roaming his neighborhood in the night, drinking beer and wearing a little girl's dress taken from under a neighbor's Christmas tree.
The child's mother, 21-year-old April Wright, tells WTVC-TV the boy "wants to go to jail because that's where his daddy is." Wright says she and the boy's father are going though a divorce.
The boy, found outside his house in Chatanooga on Tuesday, was taken to a hospital and treated for alcohol consumption.
Hamilton County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Janice Atkinson says the incident is being investigated but the department declined to release the report.
The boy's mother says she met with child protective services and was told she will get to keep custody of her son.
- Severe weather possible this morning
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 19 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension 43 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business 30 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 11 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston 9 min ago
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested 12 min ago
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking 18 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 48 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- METRO hosting North Line grand opening party
26 min ago
- ISS spacewalk: What are they doing up there?
13 min ago