Four people die in fire at Wisconsin bar
MADISON, WI -- Authorities say four people have died in a fire at a Wisconsin bar.
Lafayette County Sheriff's Chief Deputy John Reichling says the fire broke out at the Silver Dollar Saloon in Blanchardsville around 3:20 a.m. Monday.
Reichling says the bodies of four adults were found inside, but he didn't know precisely where. Their identities have not been released.
The building housed the bar as well as apartments upstairs. Reichling says five fire departments kept the blaze from spreading to other buildings but the bar was destroyed.
The county coroner and the state Justice Department are investigating.
Blanchardville lies 30 miles southwest of Madison.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 27 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows 42 min ago
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail