Police: Cop does unauthorized Taser demonstration
KANKAKEE, IL -- Police in Illinois say an officer assigned to a junior high school has been placed on administrative leave after he allegedly shocked three boys during an unauthorized Taser demonstration.
Authorities say the incident occurred Tuesday at a junior high in Kankakee, which is about 60 miles south of Chicago.
According to a police statement, the officer used the Taser on three male students who volunteered to be part of the classroom demonstration.
Police say the officer was not authorized by the school, the district or the police department to do a Taser demonstration.
A parent later took one student to a hospital, where he was examined and released.
- Tornado Watch in effect across SE Texas 6 min ago
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 57 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension 33 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 49 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston 47 min ago
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested 50 min ago
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking 56 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- ISS spacewalk: What are they doing up there?
51 min ago