Police: Cop does unauthorized Taser demonstration
KANKAKEE, IL -- Police in Illinois say an officer assigned to a junior high school has been placed on administrative leave after he allegedly shocked three boys during an unauthorized Taser demonstration.
Authorities say the incident occurred Tuesday at a junior high in Kankakee, which is about 60 miles south of Chicago.
According to a police statement, the officer used the Taser on three male students who volunteered to be part of the classroom demonstration.
Police say the officer was not authorized by the school, the district or the police department to do a Taser demonstration.
A parent later took one student to a hospital, where he was examined and released.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive