Grenade launcher, maps seized after man's arrest
BRANCHBURG, N.J. -- Authorities in central New Jersey have seized a cache of weapons and ammunition including rifles, a grenade launcher and a night vision scope from the motel room of a Virginia man.
Somerset County Prosecutor Wayne Forrest says Lloyd R. Woodson, a 43-year-old from Reston, Va., also had maps of a U.S. military facility and a town in another state.
He was arrested in Branchburg early Monday by officers responding to a report of a suspicious person.
Forrest says Woodson was wearing a bulletproof vest and carrying a semiautomatic Bushmaster rifle under his jacket when he was arrested. The weapons and maps were found in a later search of his motel room.
Woodson was being held at the Somerset County Jail on charges including unlawful possession of weapons.
The prosecutor's office did not know whether Woodson had a lawyer.
new jersey, national/world
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 12 min ago
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges 26 min ago
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far? 22 min ago
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Cocaine, cash found in abandoned chase suspect's car 19 min ago
- Minute Maid Park vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom 1 min ago
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- Youngest Oklahoma tornado victims remembered by kin 32 min ago
- 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on Music City
- Japanese climber, 80, becomes oldest atop Everest 13 min ago
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved