Boy, 7, saves brother after fall through ice in NJ
MARGATE, N.J. -- Police say a boy, 7, helped save his 10-year-old brother, grabbing the older sibling after he fell through the ice and holding onto him until help arrived
Tristan Lavin kept ahold of Sage Lavin until police got there and pulled the boy from the frigid lagoon in Margate on Sunday.
Police say the brothers took boogie boards onto the bay and were standing on the ice when it gave way under Sage.
A resident's dog alerted her to trouble on the bay and she called police, who arrived quickly.
Police wrapped Sage in blankets and he was taken to a hospital before he returned home.
new jersey, national/world
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash 13 min ago
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos