Boy, 7, saves brother after fall through ice in NJ
MARGATE, N.J. -- Police say a boy, 7, helped save his 10-year-old brother, grabbing the older sibling after he fell through the ice and holding onto him until help arrived
Tristan Lavin kept ahold of Sage Lavin until police got there and pulled the boy from the frigid lagoon in Margate on Sunday.
Police say the brothers took boogie boards onto the bay and were standing on the ice when it gave way under Sage.
A resident's dog alerted her to trouble on the bay and she called police, who arrived quickly.
Police wrapped Sage in blankets and he was taken to a hospital before he returned home.
new jersey, national/world
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse 6 min ago
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever 59 min ago
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos