Officials: Three die in Indy house fire, 1 escapes
INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana -- Authorities say a woman and her boyfriend's two children are dead after a house fire in Indianapolis.
The Indianapolis Fire Department says the children's father escaped from the burning home.
Firefighters responding to the blaze around 6 a.m. found the three victims in the home within minutes.
The Fire Department says 32-year-old Cheryl Strong and 16 year-old Michael Fox died at the scene. Eight-year-old Kelsey Fox died at a hospital.
Daniel Fox, the children's father and Strong's boyfriend, told authorities he woke up hearing the kids screaming. He says he ran into the bathroom to try to open a window. The door shut behind him and he couldn't open it because it had no doorknob.
Fire officials say the kids were overcome by smoke while trying to save their father. The 37-year-old Fox says he broke the window and climbed out.
- Detectives: Road rage leads to North Harris Co. fatal shooting 8 min ago
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Video shows person of interest in Cy-Fair area arson
- Person found shot, killed in SW Houston parking lot
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- Man accused of shooting girlfriend's relatives in SE Houston
- Houston city pools open for the summer
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- David Tillman's weather forecast
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos