Professor suspended over hit man Facebook posting
EAST STROUDSBURG, PA -- A professor at a northeastern Pennsylvania university says she's been suspended indefinitely for what she thought was a humorous posting on Facebook about hiring a hit man.
East Stroudsburg University sociology professor Gloria Gadsden says she was suspended Wednesday because administrators thought she was making threats.
Gadsden says she jokingly referred to looking for a discreet hit man in one post and removed another comment that said she didn't want to kill any students but "Friday was a different story."
Gadsden says officials referred to the shooting at the University of Alabama-Huntsville earlier this month during the meeting.
A university spokesman wouldn't comment on Gadsden's claims, calling it a personnel matter.
East Stroudsburg is a state university in the Pocono Mountains.
pennsylvania, facebook, national/world
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- North Forest ISD files new request to stop annexation
- Equipment theft threatens Texas Equusearch's existence
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos