Fire kills 5 in Ala. mobile home, including 3 kids
MARION JUNCTION, AL -- Authorities are saying five people, including three children, have been killed in a mobile home fire in central Alabama.
Dallas County Sheriff Harris Huffman tells The Selma Times-Journal that it appears the fire early Saturday was an accident. The fire occurred in Marion Junction, which is about 60 miles west of Montgomery.
Huffman says the bodies of a man, woman and three children, ages 3, 6 and 7, were sent to the state forensics lab.
Huffman says a neighbor noticed the fire and called 911 shortly after midnight. Volunteer firefighters and deputies responded.
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home 41 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery 13 min ago
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Home used in 'The Kardashians' for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal 1 min ago
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather 32 min ago
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
- Fortune cookie lottery numbers scores NY woman a fortune
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos