Falling facade injures 3 people in Seattle
SEATTLE, WA -- Part of a facade fell from a three-story building in downtown Seattle, injuring three people on the sidewalk.
Authorities say the debris hit a 40-year-old man in the head. He was alert and talking to medics.
Two others have minor injuries -- a 45-year-old man who was knocked down has back pain, and a 23-year-old woman was hit in the leg.
All three have been taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Fire Department spokeswoman Dana Vander Houwen (HOW'-en) says bricks and concrete from above the Icon Grill restaurant knocked off pieces of a sign as they fell.
Police have blocked off the building until inspectors say it's safe.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 43 min ago
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop 41 min ago
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven 23 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Gov. Perry to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
26 min ago