Falling facade injures 3 people in Seattle
SEATTLE, WA -- Part of a facade fell from a three-story building in downtown Seattle, injuring three people on the sidewalk.
Authorities say the debris hit a 40-year-old man in the head. He was alert and talking to medics.
Two others have minor injuries -- a 45-year-old man who was knocked down has back pain, and a 23-year-old woman was hit in the leg.
All three have been taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Fire Department spokeswoman Dana Vander Houwen (HOW'-en) says bricks and concrete from above the Icon Grill restaurant knocked off pieces of a sign as they fell.
Police have blocked off the building until inspectors say it's safe.
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County 14 min ago
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident 36 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
15 min ago