Jet returns to airport after engine cover falls
TRENTON, NJ -- Officials at Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey say an engine cover fell off an airplane as it took off, forcing the jet to return to the airport.
Airport spokeswoman Jenn Friedberg says JetBlue Flight 507 was leaving for Fort Lauderdale, Fla., at about 6:15 a.m. Monday when the metal casing that covers the engine fell off. The plane returned to the airport and landed safely. There were no injuries.
The cover landed on the runway. Airport officials closed the runway briefly and switched traffic to another one as airport workers cleaned up the debris.
new jersey, national/world
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 53 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 19 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 21 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter 20 min ago
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug
- Mutton bustin' champ had second thoughts
12 min ago