Jet returns to airport after engine cover falls
TRENTON, NJ -- Officials at Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey say an engine cover fell off an airplane as it took off, forcing the jet to return to the airport.
Airport spokeswoman Jenn Friedberg says JetBlue Flight 507 was leaving for Fort Lauderdale, Fla., at about 6:15 a.m. Monday when the metal casing that covers the engine fell off. The plane returned to the airport and landed safely. There were no injuries.
The cover landed on the runway. Airport officials closed the runway briefly and switched traffic to another one as airport workers cleaned up the debris.
new jersey, national/world
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller
- Katy ISD student reportedly abducted from campus
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Video: Cabbies compete for ride business
- Video: Pope Francis stirs up a little controversy
- Man wants to remove 'murder' tattoo before murder trial
- Club's opening night ends in deadly gunfire
- Boy, 9, sang gospel until abductor released him
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.