Jet returns to airport after engine cover falls
TRENTON, NJ -- Officials at Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey say an engine cover fell off an airplane as it took off, forcing the jet to return to the airport.
Airport spokeswoman Jenn Friedberg says JetBlue Flight 507 was leaving for Fort Lauderdale, Fla., at about 6:15 a.m. Monday when the metal casing that covers the engine fell off. The plane returned to the airport and landed safely. There were no injuries.
The cover landed on the runway. Airport officials closed the runway briefly and switched traffic to another one as airport workers cleaned up the debris.
new jersey, national/world
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women 54 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends! 58 min ago
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared 2 min ago
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
3 min ago