Valero: Agreement reached on DE refinery sale
Thursday, April 08, 2010
DELAWARE CITY, DE -- Valero Energy says it is selling its Delaware City refinery to subsidiaries of PBF Energy Partners for $220 million.
Valero said Thursday that the deal, expected to close in the second quarter, still needs regulatory approvals and the completion of certain agreements with the state of Delaware. San Antonio, Texas-based Valero announced in November that it was halting operations at the refinery and laying off 550, but agreed not to remove equipment while negotiations were under way. Gov. Jack Markell's administration has been supporting efforts to sell and reopen the refinery. PBF is the investment arm of a partnership between Petroplus Holdings AG, the Blackstone Group, and private equity firm First Reserve to buy U.S. oil refineries. Petroplus is the largest independent petroleum refiner and wholesaler in Europe.
(Copyright ©2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man's body found in middle of street in SW Houston 3 min ago
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa 5 min ago
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Farmers' market fire in China's Shenzhen kills 16 36 min ago
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe
- Friends prank guy into thinking he's been...
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos