Michigan college offers money-back guarantee
LANSING, MI -- Even as Michigan endures the nation's highest unemployment rate, jobs are available in select fields for people with the right skills.
Lansing Community College is so convinced the jobs are out there that it's offering a money-back guarantee for students if they don't get an offer of full-time work in the state within a year of finishing one of the four programs.
Pharmacy technicians, call center specialists, computer numerical control machinists and product quality inspectors are the highlighted hot jobs.
Under the six-week Get a Skill, Get a Job training program participants will sign a contract agreeing to full attendance and completion of assigned work. Those who show a good-faith effort to find a job but fail will get a refund after one year.
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- No more ice, but cold weather continues