Michigan college offers money-back guarantee
LANSING, MI -- Even as Michigan endures the nation's highest unemployment rate, jobs are available in select fields for people with the right skills.
Lansing Community College is so convinced the jobs are out there that it's offering a money-back guarantee for students if they don't get an offer of full-time work in the state within a year of finishing one of the four programs.
Pharmacy technicians, call center specialists, computer numerical control machinists and product quality inspectors are the highlighted hot jobs.
Under the six-week Get a Skill, Get a Job training program participants will sign a contract agreeing to full attendance and completion of assigned work. Those who show a good-faith effort to find a job but fail will get a refund after one year.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant