FBI searches NYC car bomb suspect's Conn. home
BRIDGEPORT, CT -- The FBI says it has searched the Connecticut home of a man accused of a driving a car bomb into New York's Times Square over the weekend.
FBI special agent in charge Kimberly Mertz declared Tuesday morning that the public is safe.
Mertz says her team executed a search warrant at the Bridgeport home. She says the search was related to the Times Square investigation. But she wouldn't answer questions about it.
U.S. officials say car bomb suspect Faisal Shahzad was taken into custody late Monday by FBI agents and New York Police Department detectives while trying to leave the country.
Shahzad was being held in New York overnight and couldn't be contacted. He's supposed to appear in federal court Tuesday. A phone number listed for him at an address in Shelton isn't in service.
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos