All clear at Seattle airport after bomb scare
SEATAC, WA -- A bomb squad has detonated a piece of suspicious luggage that was smoking at the Seattle-Tacoma airport.
Port of Seattle spokeswoman Terri-Ann Betancourt says the luggage contained only a battery charger and electronics.
The incident early Thursday led to the evacuation of several hundred people in Concourse A and delayed two American and two Delta flights.
Betancourt says the Port of Seattle bomb squad was called to check out suspicious luggage about 5:30 a.m. Thursday under the concourse where bags are screened.
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown 24 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 38 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case