All clear at Seattle airport after bomb scare
SEATAC, WA -- A bomb squad has detonated a piece of suspicious luggage that was smoking at the Seattle-Tacoma airport.
Port of Seattle spokeswoman Terri-Ann Betancourt says the luggage contained only a battery charger and electronics.
The incident early Thursday led to the evacuation of several hundred people in Concourse A and delayed two American and two Delta flights.
Betancourt says the Port of Seattle bomb squad was called to check out suspicious luggage about 5:30 a.m. Thursday under the concourse where bags are screened.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet 50 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 47 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant