Man accused of MySpace kidnapping of girl
CONNELLSVILLE, PA -- A Pittsburgh-area man has surrendered to state police on charges of kidnapping a 14-year-old girl for about two days after meeting her on MySpace.
Police say 26-year-old Richard Sabatasse, of Mount Lebanon, communicated with the girl for weeks before picking her up in Connellsville on May 13.
The girl says Sabatasse refused to let her make phone calls or give her food while they traveled in western Pennsylvania and West Virginia before he dropped her at home Sunday morning.
Sabatasse is jailed but had been free while awaiting sentencing for corruption of minors and indecent assault in a 2006 case involving a 15-year-old girl.
Sabatasse told a WPXI-TV reporter he hopes the media follow his case to the very end.
myspace, pennsylvania, national/world
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- NASA records powerful explosion on moon
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos