Man accused of MySpace kidnapping of girl
CONNELLSVILLE, PA -- A Pittsburgh-area man has surrendered to state police on charges of kidnapping a 14-year-old girl for about two days after meeting her on MySpace.
Police say 26-year-old Richard Sabatasse, of Mount Lebanon, communicated with the girl for weeks before picking her up in Connellsville on May 13.
The girl says Sabatasse refused to let her make phone calls or give her food while they traveled in western Pennsylvania and West Virginia before he dropped her at home Sunday morning.
Sabatasse is jailed but had been free while awaiting sentencing for corruption of minors and indecent assault in a 2006 case involving a 15-year-old girl.
Sabatasse told a WPXI-TV reporter he hopes the media follow his case to the very end.
myspace, pennsylvania, national/world
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
54 min ago
- Beautiful lights for a good cause
6 min ago