Man accused of MySpace kidnapping of girl
CONNELLSVILLE, PA -- A Pittsburgh-area man has surrendered to state police on charges of kidnapping a 14-year-old girl for about two days after meeting her on MySpace.
Police say 26-year-old Richard Sabatasse, of Mount Lebanon, communicated with the girl for weeks before picking her up in Connellsville on May 13.
The girl says Sabatasse refused to let her make phone calls or give her food while they traveled in western Pennsylvania and West Virginia before he dropped her at home Sunday morning.
Sabatasse is jailed but had been free while awaiting sentencing for corruption of minors and indecent assault in a 2006 case involving a 15-year-old girl.
Sabatasse told a WPXI-TV reporter he hopes the media follow his case to the very end.
myspace, pennsylvania, national/world
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent 21 min ago
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 2 min ago
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Are you too good looking to get a date?