Sheriff: Man killed by pipe bomb outside bar
BARBOURSVILLE, W. Va. -- Authorities in West Virginia say a pipe bomb exploded outside of a bar, killing a man. No other injuries were reported.
Cabell County Sheriff Tom McComas said the man who was killed apparently brought the bomb to the area outside the bar Saturday morning. It detonated around 2:30 a.m.
He says 20 to 30 residents were evacuated from the area while investigators searched for more bombs. West Virginia State Police said the agency's bomb technicians defused two other bombs that were found.
McComas says the investigation is ongoing. Few other details were released.
A phone message left by The Associated Press at the Cabell County Sheriff's Office was not immediately returned.
west virginia, national/world
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 11 min ago
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Two bodies found in rubble of burned down home 5 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days 31 min ago
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal