Sheriff: Man killed by pipe bomb outside bar
BARBOURSVILLE, W. Va. -- Authorities in West Virginia say a pipe bomb exploded outside of a bar, killing a man. No other injuries were reported.
Cabell County Sheriff Tom McComas said the man who was killed apparently brought the bomb to the area outside the bar Saturday morning. It detonated around 2:30 a.m.
He says 20 to 30 residents were evacuated from the area while investigators searched for more bombs. West Virginia State Police said the agency's bomb technicians defused two other bombs that were found.
McComas says the investigation is ongoing. Few other details were released.
A phone message left by The Associated Press at the Cabell County Sheriff's Office was not immediately returned.
west virginia, national/world
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Suspects posing as officers break into home 2 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet 17 min ago
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court 3 min ago
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Man shot while behind the wheel in SE Houston
- Friends prank guy into thinking he's been...
41 min ago