Truck-bus collision kills 32 in China
BEIJING, China -- A head-on collision between a truck and bus in northeastern China killed 32 people and injured another 24 early Sunday.
The accident happened along a section of highway undergoing road maintenance in Fuxin City in Liaoning province, the official Xinhua News Agency said.
The truck was traveling on the wrong side of the road when it plowed head-on into the bus, bursting into flames on impact, said an official from the Liaoning provincial transport department who gave his surname as Wang.
All three people aboard the truck died immediately, and 29 bus passengers died. The remaining 24 injured passengers were hospitalized, with three in critical condition.
The accident happened at about 3 a.m. as the bus headed from Tianjin city near Beijing to Harbin, the capital of northeastern Helongjiang province.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident 27 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- SpaceX launches supplies to space station 8 min ago
- Easter on 4/20, pot holy day; pastors reach out 25 min ago
- University overstated fiscal health by some $23M 35 min ago
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Woman forgives son's killer at the gallows