EMT accused of ignoring dying NYC woman is killed
NEW YORK -- Authorities say an emergency medical technician accused of refusing to help a dying pregnant woman during his coffee break was fatally shot near a New York City nightclub.
Police believe those accusations and the shooting were unrelated.
Police say Jason Green was shot in the face near the Greenhouse club Sunday morning. There have been no arrests.
Green and fellow EMT Melisa Jackson had been under criminal investigation for their handling of a distressed woman at a Brooklyn bakery Dec. 9. They were in line at the bakery when 25-year-old Eutisha Rennix collapsed.
Witnesses say the EMTs told workers to call 911 and left without helping the woman, whose prematurely born baby also died.
The EMTs denied wrongdoing.
new york city, national/world
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year 10 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Farmers' market fire in China's Shenzhen kills 16
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- David Tillman's Wednesday weather forecast
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos