NH ex-teacher pleads guilty on nude photo charge
DERRY, N.H. -- A former New Hampshire high school teacher has pleaded guilty to a charge she e-mailed nude photographs of herself to a 15-year-old student.
Forty-one-year-old Melinda Dennehy of Hampstead entered the plea Monday to a misdemeanor charge of indecent exposure.
As part of a plea agreement, Dennehy was given a suspended jail sentence on condition she remain on good behavior and have no contact with the child or go to the high school.
In court, Dennehy apologized for her actions and poor judgment. She told the court she's continuing counseling and hopes to lead a productive life.
Dennehy was arrested in March after the photos were found circulating around the high school. She resigned three weeks later.
new hampshire, national/world
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 6 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 28 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug