Police: Boy, 4, fired shot that killed 3-year-old
INDIANAPOLIS, IN -- Indianapolis police say a 4-year-old boy fired the shot that killed his 3-year-old playmate.
Lt. Jeff Duhamell says the boy picked up a loaded .45-caliber handgun that had been left on a kitchen table in Fiona C. Lee's house Thursday and pointed it at the girl's head before firing. Lee's daughter, Aunesti Lee Allen, died that day at Riley Hospital for Children.Duhamell said Friday that the boy is the son of Lee's boyfriend. Police say they found cocaine and marijuana in Lee's home and arrested the 26-year-old woman on child neglect and drug charges. She was being held Friday in the Marion County Jail. Duhamell said Lee's two other children witnessed the shooting. They are being cared for by a relative.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 14 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects