Catholic priest charged with rape of 14-year-old
BERLIN, Germany -- German prosecutors say a Roman Catholic priest has been charged with twice raping a 14-year-old girl 20 years ago.
Osnabrueck prosecution spokesman Alexander Retemeyer said on Tuesday the 50-year old man, then a chaplain, used force to coerce the girl into having sex with him and also threatened her with punishment by God.
Prosecutors say the priest, who has been relieved of his duties by the church, has admitted sexual contacts with the girl.
The complainant said she had a sexual relationship marked by violence with the chaplain over three years. But Retemeyer said only two incidents were sufficiently substantiated for charges to be filed.
The woman contacted the diocese of Osnabrueck earlier this year amid a widening abuse scandal in Germany.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course