Catholic priest charged with rape of 14-year-old
BERLIN, Germany -- German prosecutors say a Roman Catholic priest has been charged with twice raping a 14-year-old girl 20 years ago.
Osnabrueck prosecution spokesman Alexander Retemeyer said on Tuesday the 50-year old man, then a chaplain, used force to coerce the girl into having sex with him and also threatened her with punishment by God.
Prosecutors say the priest, who has been relieved of his duties by the church, has admitted sexual contacts with the girl.
The complainant said she had a sexual relationship marked by violence with the chaplain over three years. But Retemeyer said only two incidents were sufficiently substantiated for charges to be filed.
The woman contacted the diocese of Osnabrueck earlier this year amid a widening abuse scandal in Germany.
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County
- City slammed for deal with topless clubs
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon
- Man says found treasure should be his
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark 2 min ago
- W. Houston restaurant owners on edge after tire-slashing 17 min ago
- Siblings shot in domestic dispute in SW Houston 1 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southeast Houston 56 min ago
- Blood test could offer early answer for kids with austim
- Mystery of the missing mink
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
46 min ago