Scorned lover gets 28 years in prison
MONROE, LA -- A 28-year-old Monroe woman has been sentenced to 28 years in prison in connection with the 2008 shooting death of her romantic rival.
Prosecutors say Tasha Lister, who was indicted on a second-degree murder charge, shot 20-year-old Jessica Williams of Monroe in the neck in a dispute over a man on Feb. 4, 2008.
The News-Star reports the man charged with giving Lister the gun used in the shooting, 33-year-old Ronald Gix, was sentenced in August 2008 to 15 years in prison. Prosecutors dismissed the second-degree murder count against him. Police said Gix was not the man at the center of the deadly dispute.
State District Judge Carl Sharp sentenced Lister on Wednesday.
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged 42 min ago
- No more ice, but cold weather continues
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow