Scorned lover gets 28 years in prison
MONROE, LA -- A 28-year-old Monroe woman has been sentenced to 28 years in prison in connection with the 2008 shooting death of her romantic rival.
Prosecutors say Tasha Lister, who was indicted on a second-degree murder charge, shot 20-year-old Jessica Williams of Monroe in the neck in a dispute over a man on Feb. 4, 2008.
The News-Star reports the man charged with giving Lister the gun used in the shooting, 33-year-old Ronald Gix, was sentenced in August 2008 to 15 years in prison. Prosecutors dismissed the second-degree murder count against him. Police said Gix was not the man at the center of the deadly dispute.
State District Judge Carl Sharp sentenced Lister on Wednesday.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home