Woman charged with pickle jar assault
FOUR OAKS, NC -- Johnston County deputies have charged a North Carolina woman with assault inflicting serious injury after she allegedly hit an acquaintance with a jar of pickles.
Linda Michelle French, 49, of Four Oaks, was arrested Monday, according to the Johnston County Sheriff's Office.
Amaon said French had argued with Douglas Branch about their chicken stew dinner before she allegedly struck him in the head, causing a severe laceration.
French was taken to jail while Branch was taken to the hospital for treatment.
north carolina, national/world
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County
- City slammed for deal with topless clubs
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon
- Man says found treasure should be his
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark 11 min ago
- W. Houston restaurant owners on edge after tire-slashing 26 min ago
- Siblings shot in domestic dispute in SW Houston 10 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southeast Houston
- Blood test could offer early answer for kids with austim
- Mystery of the missing mink
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
55 min ago