Police: Man who shot 2 officers at hospital dies
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
OMAHA, NE -- Police say a man who opened fire at an Omaha hospital has died and that two officers he shot have been treated and released.
Officer Jacob Bettin says 39-year-old Jeffrey Layten, of Tekamah, died shortly after 2 p.m. Wednesday at Creighton University Medical Center. Authorities say Layten opened fire at the hospital Wednesday morning and wounded the two police officers. The officers managed to shoot Layten. Bettin says Layten led police on a high-speed vehicle chase shortly after midnight in the Omaha suburbs and fled the scene after crashing into a utility pole.
(Copyright ©2014 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'