Mexico: 13 dead in massacre at Ciudad Juarez party
CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico -- At least 13 young people were shot dead and 15 wounded in an attack on a house party in Ciudad Juarez, the second such massacre in less than a week in the violent border city.
Gunmen in three cars drove up to the home around 11 p.m. Friday and began shooting, Chihuahua state prosecutors spokesman Fidel Banuelos said Saturday.The dead were aged 14 to 20, Banuelos said, and a 9-year-old child was also gravely wounded. Police found 70 bullet casings from assault weapons typically used by drug gangs. The attackers escaped, and there have been no arrests. Last Sunday, gunmen stormed two homes in Ciudad Juarez, killing seven at a party and two more in another house nearby. Police have not named any suspects or given a possible motive in that massacre. The city across the border from El Paso, Texas, has become one of the world's deadliest amid a turf war between the Sinaloa and Juarez drug cartels. More than 2,000 people have been killed in Ciudad Juarez this year.
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck