Gina Gaston reporting from Haiti
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Haitians were devastated at the beginning of this year when a magnitude 7.0 earthquake struck near Port-Au-Prince.Communities were left in ruins and the country's infrastructure left paralyzed. Thousands were killed and survivors were left with the daunting task of rebuilding in the worst of conditions.
Things went from bad to worse when Hurricane Tomas struck last week and devastated the vulnerable Caribbean island nation even more.
Eyewitness News Anchor Gina Gaston has traveled to Haiti to report on the effects of Tomas and the dire condition of Haitians, who've now endured two natural disasters in the same year.
Look for her reports on Eyewitness News this week, and also here on abc13.com. She's sending us back some video clips using her phone. Those can be seen above.
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos