Gina Gaston reporting from Haiti
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Haitians were devastated at the beginning of this year when a magnitude 7.0 earthquake struck near Port-Au-Prince.Communities were left in ruins and the country's infrastructure left paralyzed. Thousands were killed and survivors were left with the daunting task of rebuilding in the worst of conditions.
Things went from bad to worse when Hurricane Tomas struck last week and devastated the vulnerable Caribbean island nation even more.
Eyewitness News Anchor Gina Gaston has traveled to Haiti to report on the effects of Tomas and the dire condition of Haitians, who've now endured two natural disasters in the same year.
Look for her reports on Eyewitness News this week, and also here on abc13.com. She's sending us back some video clips using her phone. Those can be seen above.
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery 32 min ago
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Home used in 'The Kardashians' for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal 20 min ago
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather 51 min ago
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
- Fortune cookie lottery numbers scores NY woman a fortune
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos