Full truck of Christmas trees flips in downtown LA
LOS ANGELES, CA -- The California Highway Patrol says a big rig loaded with Christmas trees overturned and spilled in downtown Los Angeles, closing a transition ramp between a pair of busy freeways.
Officer Ed Jacobs says the truck was carrying about 42,000 pounds of trees. Cleanup of the early Friday morning accident is expected to keep the ramp closed until noon.
The driver sustained minor injuries. There were no other vehicles involved.
The wreck occurred on U.S. Highway 101 where it merges with State Route 110 in downtown Los Angeles.
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns