Twin suicide blasts kill 9 in western Iraq
BAGHDAD, Iraq -- An Iraqi spokesman for Anbar province says two suicide bombers blew themselves up and killed at least nine people in the provincial capital of Ramadi.
Mohammed Fathi says that first, a suicide bomber driving a minibus blew himself up near the government compound.
Fathi said that a few minutes later a man wearing an explosives vest blew himself up about nearby.
Ramadi is the seat of the Anbar provincial government and used to be a stronghold of al-Qaida. But in recent years, local militias have managed to bring a measure of calm to the city and province.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail