Twin suicide blasts kill 9 in western Iraq
BAGHDAD, Iraq -- An Iraqi spokesman for Anbar province says two suicide bombers blew themselves up and killed at least nine people in the provincial capital of Ramadi.
Mohammed Fathi says that first, a suicide bomber driving a minibus blew himself up near the government compound.
Fathi said that a few minutes later a man wearing an explosives vest blew himself up about nearby.
Ramadi is the seat of the Anbar provincial government and used to be a stronghold of al-Qaida. But in recent years, local militias have managed to bring a measure of calm to the city and province.
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Sketch of suspect in west Houston sexual assault released 14 min ago
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested 54 min ago
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- 13 Things to Know for Friday
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Amanda Bynes arrested over bong
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
6 min ago
- Surgeons remove tiger's basketball-sized...
42 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos