Twin suicide blasts kill 9 in western Iraq
BAGHDAD, Iraq -- An Iraqi spokesman for Anbar province says two suicide bombers blew themselves up and killed at least nine people in the provincial capital of Ramadi.
Mohammed Fathi says that first, a suicide bomber driving a minibus blew himself up near the government compound.
Fathi said that a few minutes later a man wearing an explosives vest blew himself up about nearby.
Ramadi is the seat of the Anbar provincial government and used to be a stronghold of al-Qaida. But in recent years, local militias have managed to bring a measure of calm to the city and province.
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 22 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers