Police: Pa. man stole video game from boy's casket
PITTSBURGH, PA -- State police are trying to find a Pennsylvania man who they say stole a hand-held video game system and accessories from the casket of a teen who had been killed in an SUV crash on Christmas Day.
State police are not willing to comment beyond a brief news release issued Wednesday.
In the release, police say 38-year-old Jody Lynn Bennett, of Mentcle, grabbed the items from the casket of 17-year-old Bradley McCombs during a viewing Monday night at a Montgomery Township funeral home, about 65 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
The funeral home director and McCombs' mother aren't commenting. The suspect's aunt, Dianna Bennett, says her family is friends with the McCombs and are mortified by the theft. She tells The Associated Press she hopes police catch Bennett soon.
- HPD: Fight between roommates ends in shooting
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Time' Person of the Year: Pope Francis 10 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake' 43 min ago
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- More Astrodome seats to go on sale today 46 min ago
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Farmers' market fire in China's Shenzhen kills 16
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- David Tillman's Wednesday weather forecast
24 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos